So now you know the basic recipe for falafel? Now all you need is the perfect sauce! Made from tahini, lemon, garlic and parsley, the Tahini sauce is ready in no time. This sauce is called Tarratohr in Lebanon.
The Tahini Sauce tastes slightly nutty and yet wonderfully fresh. The lemon gives the sauce a wonderful acidity and the parsley slightly slows down the strong garlic.
Tarratohr goes fantastically with falafel, but also with grilled meat (e.g. kafta or shawarma) and vegetables.
Recipe for Tahini-Sauce
- 85 g Tahini
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 handful of flat leaf parsley
- 100 ml Water or more to your taste. It depends on the tahini used.
- Salt, pepper
- Peel the garlic clove and crush it with salt in a mortar.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Chop the parsley.
- In a bowl mix the garlic-salt mixture with the tahini.
- Add the juice of half a lemon and mix together. The mixture will now behave somewhat strangely: The tahini reacts with the lemon – and the mixture sticks.
- Now add the water and mix everything well with a fork. The sauce is now liquid and creamy.
- Now add the chopped parsley and season the sauce again with salt and pepper as required.