When, after a long winter, spring kisses you from one day to the next with its 25°C, the heavy stew is welcome to take a break. Something fresh is needed! Fresh, tasty and in any case fast and filling. These are high demands, but this spaghetti in yoghurt-mint sauce more than meets all these requirements.
When I first served this dish to friends, they were a bit confused. “This pasta is cold!”
Yep, this spaghetti is tossed cold in a delicious yogurt mint sauce with dried mint, grated cucumber and freshly crushed garlic, and served with freshly roasted pine nuts. As big as the irritation was at the beginning, a approving smile appeared after the first fork – at the latest. Spaghetti approved!
Especially on really hot days, when I can’t get the apartment cooled down by closed curtains and a big fan, I don’t really like to eat something warm. At the latest then it is time for these delicious cold noodles. The yoghurt, the cucumber and the mint are all ingredients that really have a cooling effect. The taste is not affected at all by the cold serving.
However, you should not necessarily eat this recipe before a date. On that day you have to live with a good garlic breath. So if you don’t have a date to make out, try this deliciously fresh spaghetti in yoghurt-mint sauce! 😉
Recipe for Spaghetti with yoghurt and mint sauce
- 500 g Spaghetti
- 500 g Yoghurt (10% fat)
- 1 Garlic clove
- 1 Cucumber
- 3 tsp Dried mint
- 25 g Pine nuts
- Boil spaghetti according to package instructions, strain and rinse with cold water.
- While the spaghetti's cooking: Peel the garlic and crush it in a mortar with a little salt.
- Coarsely grate the cucumber.
- Mix yoghurt with grated cucumber, crushed garlic and dried mint. Then season to taste with salt.
- Roast the pine nuts in a pan for about 2 minutes and put them directly onto a plate.
- Mix the spaghetti with the yoghurt mint sauce and serve with pine nuts.
You should also try the beetroot salad with chickpeas and feta.