Hummus and the Levant are connected inseparably. There is hardly a table set in the Levante without this wonderfully creamy chickpea dip. In the meantime Hummus has also found a firm place in the western world.
How do I prepare hummus?
It is very easy to prepare and does not need many ingredients. In addition, the vegan chickpea cream is ready in under 15 minutes.
You will need cooked chickpeas (you can take chickpeas out of a tin), garlic, tahini (this is a sesame sauce), some lemon juice and cumin. That was it, actually. You have to boil the chickpeas for a few minutes and then mix all the ingredients in a Food Processor until creamy.
What can I have with hummus?
The dip is a real allrounder. You can serve it with vegetable sticks, flat bread or as a sauce for delicious burgers, BBQ (like the delicious chicken skewers) or sandwiches. You can extend the list as you like.
Recipe for Hummus
- 400 g Cooked chickpeas
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1/2 Lemon (for the juice)
- 3 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Pour the chickpeas including the cooking liquid into a small pot and bring to the boil for approx. 5 minutes.
- Pour the chickpeas with garlic, cumin, salt, lemon juice, tahini and some of the cooking liquid into a Food Processor and puree well.
- Add a little more liquid and/or lemon juice if required.
- Fill the hummus into small bowls and drizzle with a little olive oil as desired.